2 95 –
Read the following:
- Navarro, D. J., Foxcroft, D. R., & Faulkenberry, T. J. (2019). Learning statistics with JASP: A tutorial for psychology students and other beginners. https://learnstatswithjasp.com/
- Chapter 9, “Categorical Data Analysis [PDF].”
- Bulanda, J. J., & McCrea, K. T. (2013). The promise of an accumulation of care: Disadvantaged African-American youths’ perspectives about what makes an after school program meaningful. Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal, 30(2), 95–118.
- Pell Institute. (n.d.). Analyze qualitative data. http://toolkit.pellinstitute.org/evaluation-guide/analyze/analyze-qualitative-data/
For this discussion:
- Critique Bulanda and McCrea’s 2013 article, “The Promise of an Accumulation of Care,” which uses a qualitative program evaluation model.
- What are the strengths of the design?
- What are weaknesses or limitations to the methodology, analysis, and conclusions drawn from the data?
- How would you recommend strengthening the design?
- Apply concepts of qualitative research to the program evaluation design that you started in the previous discussion posts based on a previous or current work, internship, or volunteer experience.
- How would you collect qualitative data and analyze it?