3 Years Old
- Part 1:
Visit the following websites:
- Visit the Cochrane Collaboration website and read the introduction.
- Search for “logo” in the website search box, and read the explanation of the Cochrane Collaboration logo.
- Visit the website for AHRQ: AHRQ, (2019), Aug.). AHRQ’s Healthcare Associated Infections Program.
- For information about Hospital Acquired infection, Target Goals, Action plans and information about steering committees use: https://health.gov/hcq/prevent-hai.asp and https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/education/curriculum-tools/cusptoolkit/index.html
- Read about Prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections: AHQR, (n.d.). Prevention of Healthcare – Associated Infections.
- What four infections were studied?
- What was shown to be effective against prevention of Healthcare Associated Infections and to what strength of evidence?
- Part 2:
Locate an evidenced-based research paper (less than 3 years old). Describe the following about the study:
- The title?
- What is the study about?
- Purpose of the study?
- What was the framework of the study?
- Protocol development?
- Describe how the project began.
- Did the topic have support from leaders, clinical nursing staff?
- Describe the members of the project team.
- How long did the team meet?
- What materials, etc. were developed?
- Describe the evaluation of the study.
- What were the findings and conclusions?