Chapman Covers Three Key
Assigned Reading: Review, The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts, by Gary Chapman. Read PPT-3a.
PPT-3b is optional reading that is designed to support course understanding.
For this assignment, refer only to this text and the required PPT reading.
Responses should not be repeated from previous answers but can be expanded.
Note: The grade letter will depend on clarity, depth, and quality of the answers.
3.1 Four Basic Personality Styles (4BPS):
<Instructions for the Four Basic Personality Styles (4BPS): Take the 4BPS Temperance Test and score it; study it, but do not submit.
See the 4BPS Guide accessed through Course Supplement Section. Consider all this 4BPS information as your primary reference source when you comment on the following related questions.>
a. State in sentence form each of your four quadrants of the 4BPS Temperance Test followed by its total scores (S+W), in rank order from highest to lowest. Check that the combined total of all four scores is 40. Tell if the result was expected or unexpected, and very briefly share your reason.
b. Review the instructor’s 4BPS- Word Version of PPT supplement. From the 4BPS supplement, choose your strongest and weakest personality style characteristics. Under each letter title-instruction below answer the following:
1. Strongest Characteristic: Describe in sentence/paragraph form how this characteristic helps your relational success, and how if overemphasized can become a detriment to self and/or others.
2. Weakest Characteristic: Describe in sentence/paragraph form how this characteristic can hinder your relational success, and specifically how you can strengthen this characteristic for the benefit of self and/or others.
<APA document any quote, paraphrase, or summary of the author’s contribution. Reference information from Dr. Hedgpeth’s 4BPS Guide by page in APA format and include in your References (see 4BPS page 10). This part needs to be about 1 page >
3.2 Self-Evaluation Analysis: (Document cited answers as instructed.)
Ponder your Self Evaluation questions and subparts 3 (Relational Truth?). Scan the supplement PPT-3a, particularly the segments under Food for Thought. When reflecting on the above Self Evaluation question and the above PPT, what mostly relates to you and can help you, directly or indirectly for the past, present, and/or future, and specifically explain how or why.
<For this PPT, the 3.2 answer needs to be 1-2 pages. Self-Evaluation and PPT parts need to be reflected in your answer. Use APA style references only for direct quotes. Please identify other people by relationship, by position, or by a first name.>
3.3 Short Text Related Question: (Document cited answers as instructed.)
From this week’s assigned text reading, Chapman covers three key relational topics: a. Distinguishing between In-Love and Lasting Love; b. Keeping a Full Love Tank; and c. Loving Difficult Others. Choose one of these three points, summarize the author’s view, and briefly tell how and/or why that would benefit your relationship with others.
<Th3 3.3 answer need needs to be ½ to 1 page. Use the APA style text references for direct quotes and paraphrasing on text related parts. Please identify other people by relationship, by position, or by a first name.>
3.4 Major Question: PWL Text Help for Relational Improvement Goal #1
<The page requirement for this question is about 2 pages or more.>
Each of the three Relational Improvement goals needs to address a different relationship or a different issue within the same relationship.
1. What relationship do you want and need to improve? (Chose an important relationship to you, be it a spouse, child, family member, friend, co-worker, or acquaintance.) What is the main issue and/or specific difficulty regarding this person?
2. What is your specific goal, which is both realistic and achievable, that you can and will do for relational improvement and what do you want to see happen?
3. Self-Evaluation Title: Just give the number and title from the ten Self-Evaluation questions that best matches your goal.
4. What about you that needs to change or improve for your goal to make this part of your relationship healthier, more productive, and/or more harmonious?
5. What are some specific and documented teachings from this assignment’s required text that will be helpful in your attaining your goal? In Assignment 8, you will need to generally report on the results of your goal successes.
<For #5: In about a page, refer only from the designated text reading for this assignment, make multiple nonsequential APA citations from the said text, blended with your thoughts, that can help with a solution to your issue.>
3.5 Optional Comments or Questions to the Instructor:
< If you have no comments or questions, delete 3.5.>
<Properly reference all sources used, including the texts per the APA style.>