Chapter 10 Gives Six
Chapter 10: Mixed Methods Procedures
- Discuss the reasons for using mixed methods presented in the chapter. For each reason, provide an example of a study that would benefit.
- Discuss at least one example of integration in mixed methods research. Use the appropriate term (merging, explaining,building, embedding) and give an example.
- Chapter 10 gives six factors considered important when choosing a particular mixed methods design. Consider a study you are interested in conducting. First, identify a mixed methods design. Then,discuss each of these factors in providing a rationale for your design choice.
- Select one of the complex mixed methods designs(experimental, case study, participatory-social justice, evaluation). What is an example of a study you might conduct using that particular design?
- Review the mixed methods intervention design presented in Figure 10.2. What are the validity threats that may be present in this design?