Considered “ Best Practice
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (n.d). Using language access services. Accessed from: https://thinkculturalhealth.hhs.gov/resources/videos/using-language-access-services
- Compare and contrast the range of medical language interpretation and describe what is considered “best practice.”
- Consider and describe at least two scenarios in which patients are non-English speaking and qualified language interpretation is not provided. What are the key ethical principles to be considered? What are the implications for the patient in each scenario?
- How would the scenario relate to the code of ethics in public health?
- Compare and contrast the model of medical practice between the U.S. (Western scientific paradigm of medicine) and another country with a different culture.
- Which healthcare model is better and why?