Course Project Standard American
Purpose of Assignment:
Professional nurses must be able to identify relevant practice issues, appraise literature and integrate credible evidence into innovative, evidence-based practice solutions for positive outcomes.
Propose an evidence-based solution aligned with an evidence-based practice question.
Explain the relationship between research, theory, and evidence-based practice.
Applying The Iowa Model Revised: Evidence-Based Practice to Promote Excellence in Health Care create a written proposal for these two components of a proposal for an evidence-base practice solution.
- Identify and describe in detail a practice issue identified in your workplace or clinical experience including
- Description of the relevance of practice issue to organizational priorities
- Supporting internal and external data to support the need for proposed practice change
- Create a research question using the PICO format with a description of each component.
- P= Population
- C=Comparison Intervention
- Use the Template for the Course Project
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through
Template for the Course Project
- What does PICO stand for?
- What is EBP?
- School of Nursing Research Guide
- How do I find quantitative nursing articles?
- How do I find qualitative nursing articles?
- How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
- How do I find nursing articles to answer my PICO clinical question?
- Picking a Topic
- APA Guide
- Using the APA Template