Currently Undergoing Psychological Rehabilitation
Review the Case of Jerry and Case of Sal.
Conduct an Internet search for the Static 99 assessment.
The Case of Sal
Sal is a 20-year-old man currently in prison for molesting his 4-year-old cousin, Maria. Sal, who was living with Maria’s family and was often responsible for babysitting her, had been molesting Maria for 6 months. Sal initially enticed Maria through playing a game. When she would lose, he would tell her she could either allow him to touch her, or he would tell her mom she had lost the game and she would get in trouble. Sal also told Maria she needed to keep their game a secret, because he did not want her to get in trouble. Maria broke down in preschool and told her teacher about the incidents of molestation. The teacher immediately called the police, and Sal was arrested.
Sal tried to minimize the situation and his offense by stating “it was only touching.” He also tried to justify the offense by stating Maria enjoyed the game they played. Sal is currently undergoing psychological rehabilitation treatment at the prison.
The Case of Jerry
Jerry is a 53-year-old man scheduled to be released from prison in 2 weeks. He served a 20-year sentence for the rape of a 12-year-old girl. In his initial intake interview, Jerry admitted to being sexually attracted to young girls. He stated he had difficulty controlling his urges, which led to the crime he committed. Jerry has received counseling while in prison, but will still need to undergo treatment when he is released.
Determine the selected offender’s level of risk based on his assessment results.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper discussing treatment options for the selected offender.
Include the following:
- Summarize the case scenario you chose.
- Summarize the results of the Static 99 assessment for the offender in the case scenario you chose.
- Describe appropriate treatment options based on the sex offender’s risk level. Explain the primary cognitive-behavioral components associated with those treatment options.
- Describe the recidivism rates for offenders who have committed crimes similar to this offender.
- Describe the treatments that have helped reduce recidivism.
Include a minimum 3 outside sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.