Different Health Care Finance
- Propose a change to one aspect of your local or regional health care system or program that would improve outcomes. Then, conduct a comparative analysis of other, non-U.S. health care systems, focusing on the proposed change. Summarize the proposed change and your comparative analysis in a 4-5 page report.
- Competency 1: Identify the challenges and opportunities facing health care.
- Identify an aspect of a local or regional health care system or program that should be a focus for change.
- Competency 2: Compare the effects of different health care finance models and policy frameworks on resources and patient outcomes.
- Define desirable outcomes, including who will pay for care and factors limiting achievement of those outcomes.
- Analyze two non-U.S. health care systems or programs that offer insight into a proposed change for a health care system or program in the United States.
- Competency 3: Evaluate the positive and negative influences of leaders on health care processes and outcomes.
- Determine the financial and health implications of making—and not making—proposed changes to a health care system or program.
- Competency 4: Develop proactive strategies to change the culture of the organization by incorporating evidence-based practices.
- Explain why specific changes will lead to improved outcomes.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Write clearly and concisely in a logically coherent and appropriate form and style.
- Support assertions, arguments, propositions, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.