Fasting Blood Sugar Values
Use the table to answer the 11 questions below. Be sure to explain each answer thoroughly. Do NOT include a numerical answer without explaining how you arrived at the solution.
Fasting Blood Sugar Values Table
Alpha FBS Group
Beta FBS Group
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
- What is the mean fasting blood sugar value for each group?
- What is the median fasting blood sugar value for each group?
- What is the mode fasting blood sugar value for each group?
- What is the range of fasting blood sugar values for the Alpha Group?
- What is the range of fasting blood sugar values for the Beta Group?
- How stable is the range as a measure of variability? Why?
- What statistical value represents the 50thpercentile?
- The standard deviation (SD) for the Alpha FBS Group = 64.75. What do these values say about how the data vary around the mean for each group? Vary between groups? (See Standard Deviation text and Table 13-8 for help).
- The standard deviation (SD) for Beta FBS Group = 193.25.
- If you had each patient’s fasting blood sugar value and age, what procedure will you use to make comparisons among unlike data?
- If the data sets approximated a normal distribution, then what percentage of patients’ fasting blood sugar values would fall within two SDs of the mean?