Logos Ethical Appeals
use this video link Stevenson, Bryan. “We Need to Talk about an Injustice.” TED, February 2012,
https://www.ted.com/talks/bryan_stevenson_we_need_to_talk_about_an_injustice. and answer the questions below. MLA format 200 words.
Watch the required video. When you are finished, answer the following questions in your initial posting:
1. What are the main claims the speaker gives you in the video? Summarize these claims in your own words but provide the in-text citation for the video. If you do not know how to create an in-text citation for a TedTalk, click here.
2. Choose one section of the video. Describe any techniques the speaker uses to support the claims. Do they focus entirely on logical arguments (logos), ethical appeals (ethos), or symbolic and emotional language (pathos)? Remember to use in-text citations and an author signal phrase when you answer.
3. Does the speaker use counterevidence in the video? If so, provide examples. If not, what are the limitations of the speaker’s arguments? What might they say to counter these limitations? Remember to use in-text citations and an author signal phrase when you answer.
4. Finally, what have you learned about argumentative writing from watching the video? What approaches might you take in your own writing project? Your answer should focus on writing strategies.
Remember to use in-text citations and an author signal phrase when you answer.
5. Post the Works Cited entry to any source you used in your answer. You will have at least one, the TedTalk.