Masint Imagery Intelligence
Second Mini Research Paper
In Unit III, you selected a topic and created the annotated bibliography. Using that research, for this assignment, you will submit your second mini research paper on your chosen topic area of research of the five types of intelligence collection activities: human intelligence (HUMNIT), signals intelligence (SIGNIT), measures and signatures intelligence (MASINT), imagery intelligence (IMINT), and open-source intelligence (OSINT).For your research, you will want to consider the following questions.
- What federal agencies are responsible for each type of intelligence collection?
- How are these types of intelligence collection activities used to counter domestic and global terrorist threats in today’s era?
- Further explain how each intelligence collection activity could have been used to prevent a recent terrorist attack. Your submission should outline at least one recent domestic or international terrorist incident.
- What challenges exist in utilizing each of the intelligence collection methods?
The research paper must be written using the following outline structure:
- Title page: This must be included.
- Introduction: This section should be at least one page in length.
- Body of paper: This section should be one–two pages in length. This should include a review and discussion of the literature.
- Summary and conclusions: This section should be at least one page in length.
- References: Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. APA formatting, however, is not necessary.
While the level of detail in each section of the research paper will vary, the final paper must be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title and references pages. An abstract is not required. You must use a minimum of five sources.