Part Two Write Five
- What are the steps in conducting a survey?
- Considering “How we undercounted evictions …,” why should triangulation and mixed methods become an essential step in survey research?
- Write five survey questions about housing insecurity (evictions, etc.; see MARS for examples) that commit the five common survey question mistakes.
- Rewrite the above five survey questions according to the characteristics of high-quality survey questions.
- How is the order of survey questions important? Provide an example of both a problematic order and an appropriate order of survey questions (a minimum of three questions).
- According to the NPR interview, how did the national survey on conspiracy beliefs present questions on such beliefs?
- What are ethical issues to consider in survey research?
- Define the following: survey; primary data; secondary data; cross-sectional survey; longitudinal survey
- What are the strengths of surveys?
- What are the sources of errors in surveys (including sampling; refer to the previous section on sampling)?