Personnel Employee Engagement Change
- Managing risk and ensuring quality requires skillful resource management. Resource management enables a leader to operate from a position of ability and planning rather than managing reactions to crises. Resource management also lends itself to creative team building and the diffusion of change.
To prepare for your monthly meeting with your team, you have developed a presentation called Managing Quality and Risk. You would also like to use the time to address increasing stress and rush during transitions with patients and shifts. You have decided to create another section in the presentation called Identifying Waste.
For this assessment, you will create a Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation incorporating the details of both sections of the assessment. Interpersonal communication skills are integral to presentation of organized ideas and change.
Create a 14- to 20-slide PowerPoint® presentation that includes the following:
Managing Quality and Risk
Consider how managing quality often means addressing small issues to prevent them from escalating into ethical, legal, or fiscal risks for the organization. Keep in mind, you are adding to your presentation with the goal of showing your chief nursing officer how you plan to address the topic you select from the list below.
Select one of the following topics:
- Mitigating bullying and lateral violence
- Managing conflict
- Using power to influence elevations for value and safety
- Valuing diversity
- Part two and the most weighted part of the assignment.
Identifying Waste and Resource Management
Think about the clinical environment where you work or one in which you previously worked.
Identify opportunities for waste reduction. Consider the following:
- Setting: administrative, operational, clinical
- Value to patient
- Value to quality and safety in nursing practice
- Develop a plan to carry out your suggestions as a nurse leader on your floor. Consider:
- Available resources: time, budget, space, industry collateral, personnel
- Employee engagement
- Change management principles
- Team dynamics
- Communication strategies
- Suggest process changes to improve the situation as if you are communicating to frontline staff and nurse leaders and explaining your findings.
Format your PowerPoint® presentation to ensure the slides only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide made up of long bullet points. Include detailed speaker notes for each slide of your presentation. Your speaker notes convey the details you would give if you were presenting.
Review the Create Speaker Notes page on Microsoft® for more help.
Submit your assessment that includes part one AND part two in proper APA format.