Please Complete Two Seperate
PLEASE COMPLETE TWO SEPERATE DISCUSSION POST 200 WORD MIN #1 Opioid Use, Addiction, and Overdoses:Please read the Psychology Discussion Requirements fully, and then Read pages 174 – 184 in your text. Opioid use, addiction, and overdoses have increased to alarming rates in the United States in recent years. Millions of Americans are affected by the opioid epidemic every day.Read Volkow et al.’s (2014) article and Brown’s (2018) articles (PDF’s below) before discussing the following questions.ReferencesBrown, A. R. (2018). A systematic review of psychosocial interventions in treatment of opioid addiction, Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions. Advance online publication. doi:10.1080/1533256X.2018.1485574Coon, D., Mitterer, J.O., & Martini, T. (2022). Introduction to psychology: Gateways to mind and behavior (16th ed.). Cengage Learning.Volkow, N. D., Frieden, T. R., Hyde, P. S., & Cha, S. S. (2014). Medication-assisted therapies — tackling the opioid-overdose epidemic. New England Journal of Medicine, 370(22), 2063-2066. doi:10.1056/NEJMp1402780 For this week’s main post, answer all of the following questions. Be sure to include factual, properly cited information in your post.
- What are some ways that opioid addiction is affecting the United States?
- What are some forms of treatment available to those suffering from opioid addiction?
- If you had a friend or family member suffering from opioid addiction, what sort of help would you recommend they seek?
#2 Teen Suicide and BullyingPlease read pages 109 – 110 for Kohlberg and Gilligan, then pages 95 – 100 for Erikson’s psychosocial dilemmas at different stages of life. Read pages 457 – 458 for readings on Suicide.Coon et al. (2022) discuss the difficulties teenagers face in establishing their own identity, many problems stem from the unclear standards about the role adolescents should play within society. Coon et al. (2022) also explains that teenagers experience ambiguity, or unclear interpretations when defining their roles. This adds to their confusion of a clear and solid sense of self.More and more often we are seeing cases presented in the media about teens who have taken their own lives as a result of bullying and cyberbullying (Wang, 2016). Coon et al. (2022) have argued that adolescence is a tumultuous time. However, Karen Horney’s theory explains that basic anxiety occurs because we live in a hostile world. An example in Wang (2016), report of a suicide by a 13-year-old girl in response to racial and social prejudice against perceived sexual orientation. ReferencesCoon, D., Mitterer, J.O., & Martini, T. (2022). Introduction to psychology: Gateways to mind and behavior (16th ed.). Cengage Learning.Wang, Y. (2016). After years of alleged bullying, an Ohio teen killed herself. Is her school district responsible? The Washington Post. For this week’s main post, answer all of the following questions. Be sure to include factual, properly cited information in your post.
- How much does emotional turbulence versus social hostility count as an explanation for teen suicide? Or is it a combination of the two?
- Drawing upon Kohlberg’s theory of stages of moral development, Gilligan’s theory of caring, and Erikson’s psychosocial stages theory, discuss reasons why an adolescent might turn to suicide.
- Using one of these theories, suggest how to help a teen who has been a victim of bullying.