Reversible Birth Control —
Advocacy & Organizing
In thinking about your selected state( Arkansas ) and proposed abortion policy(a policy I want to focus will be to improve access to reproductive services in Arkansas for a larger number of women) for the Final Project please consider whether there may already be current policy work pertaining to it at the state level?
This could be a real, or imagined (yet reality-based) policy. After describing one such example, please describe a few advocacy and community organizing strategies that may be effective in advancing or adapting the policy relevant to increasing – or further decreasing – access to abortion medical.
NB; The ideal case study will illustrate how the aforementioned components must interact in order to achieve 1-2 particular Healthy People 2020/2030 objectives while highlighting the importance of 3 of the 10 Essential Public Health Services.
Below are the 3 Essential Public Health Services I selected and some HP 2030 objectives to add and discuss.
- Essential service #1: Assess and monitor population health status, factors that influence health, and community needs and assets
- Essential service #4 :strengthen, support, and mobilize communities and partnerships to improve health
- Essential service #7: Assure an effective system that enables equitable access to the individual services and care needed to be healthy
Healthy People 2030
- Reduce the proportion of unintended pregnancies — FP‑01Links to an external site.
- Increase the proportion of women who get needed publicly funded birth control services and support — FP‑09Links to an external site.
- Increase the proportion of publicly funded clinics that offer the full range of reversible birth control — FP‑D01Links to an external site.
Minimum 3 pages