Setting Healthy Professional Boundaries
8-1 Discussion: Setting Healthy Professional Boundaries
In this module, you will explore the concept of setting boundaries.
For your initial post, review How to Set Healthy Boundaries and answer the following questions:
- People have varying levels of sensitivity when it comes to their personal boundaries, as well as how those boundaries transfer to the workplace. What strategies might you use in identifying personal and professional boundaries in others?
- How can setting healthy professional boundaries help you maintain your identity in the workplace?
- Other than the professional setting, what specific areas in your life do you set boundaries for?
- What is the connection between setting boundaries and mental health?
- How does the concept of setting healthy boundaries apply to any of the following programmatic themes? You may want to review the Programmatic Themes PDFdocument.
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections
Remember to respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Consider advancing the discussion in the following ways:
- Post an article, video, or visual to reinforce a peer’s idea or challenge them to see their point from a different perspective.
- Engage in conversation with your peers around the idea of healthy boundary setting. Consider asking a question or sharing your personal experience.
To complete this assignment, review the Psychology Undergraduate Discussion Rubric. You will also need: please see attachment