Solution Focused Practices
- Australian Institute of Professional Counselor. (2013). Role play: Solution focused therapy[Video] | Transcript. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T33j_ZETzUs
- Theories in Action: Solution-Focused Therapy.
Thompson, N., & Stepney, P. (2017). Social work theory and methods: The essentials. Routledge.
- Read Chapter 10, “Solution Focused Practices,” pages 141–152.
- Miller, E., & Marini, I. (2015). Solution-Focused brief psychotherapy. In M. A. Stebnicki, The professional counselor’s desk reference (2nd ed.) (pp. 1–8). Springer.
- George, E., Iveson, C. & Ratner, H. (2015). Solution-focused brief therapy. In E. Neukrug (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of theory in counseling and psychotherapy (pp. 947–950). Sage.
Solution Focused and Group Work
This week you are facilitating a group on grief and loss (please remember, grief and loss are not just related to death). Please provide an explanation of the grief and loss group you are facilitating, how you will set the tone of the group, what interventions you will plan to use, and how you will shift from individual solution-focused work back to the main group. You are required to use literature from the theories covered this week or in any previous week to ensure you understand theories and evidenced-based interventions.