Term Career Goals ”
- Polner, E. (2020, September 17). “8 Best Entry-Level Job Sites for College Graduates and New Alumni in 2020” The Balance Careers. https://www.thebalancecareers.com/best-entry-level-job-sites-2058517
- McKay, D. (2019, December 9). “7 Ways to Set Short and Long-Term Career Goals.” The Balance Careers. https://www.thebalancecareers.com/goal-setting-526182
Reflect on the required readings and on the research you have done for this course thus far as well as the experience you have had at your internship. Consider where you see yourself professionally three years from now and the steps you will take to get there. Make sure your final goal and your steps to reach it are as specific and realistic as possible. Please use the following questions to guide your journal response. The content from this response will be integrated into your final presentation.
- What position do you see yourself holding three years from now?
- Will you be employed at the same organization where you got your first job after graduation or somewhere else? How might your role or responsibilities have changed in three years? Are there other professional activities, leadership roles, service engagements that you hope to be engaged in at this point in your career?
- What steps do you need to take in order to obtain your three-years out position? Be as specific as possible in defining these steps! You might consider:
- Are there other jobs you will need to have before you can hold this position (if so, which)?
- Do you have to complete more school or certifications?
- Your journal should be approximately 300-350 words in length and should address each question in the assignment directions.
- Incorporate at least one resource into your response, using APA format.
- Please refer to the rubric associated with this assignment for detailed guidance about expectations and grading.
- Please submit this assignment through D2L by the date and time indicated on your syllabus.