Times Roman 12 Size
For this semester, the Reflection will consist of 1 page (no more than 2 pages!), single-spaced, Times Roman 12 size font pages.
- Please use the questions below to complete your Reflection.
- Select one (1) question/prompt from the list below to respond to in your reflection.
- Copy the question at the top of the page and develop your answer as instructed in the bullets above. Please make sure to reference your work just like you’ve been doing with the Sensational Sixes. Remember, you should use your CORE book and/or Reading Rockets (Links to an external site.) for support. Additionally, there are a few links embedded in the questions below that will also be useful in developing your responses.
- Choose and Respond to one of the questions below.
- What are the foundations of reading instruction? (Hint: Sen Six) How are these foundational components interrelated?
- What is the connection between oral language acquisition, oral language proficiency, and learning to read?
- What is dyslexia? (Explain with details and include ways to help students with dyslexia)
- What are appropriate strategies that support early literacy acquisition, including principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), to address all learners including those with dyslexia? Follow this link for additional information: What is Universal Design for Learning (Links to an external site.)
- What are the processes, skills, and stages of word recognition and literacy development? How do these processes, skills, and stages relate to assessment and instruction? How do these processes, skills, and stages relate to ELL students and students with special needs including those with dyslexia? Use the following link for additional information: Word Recognition and Instruction in Early Literacy with Guidelines for Children with Disabilities (Links to an external site.)